- Join us for a parenting group. On Tuesdays, we alternate between Babbling Babes lead by Speech-Language Pathologist, Stephanie Ciatti, and her baby, Pippa and Pathways Connect lead by Dr. Camille Berger from Early Beginnings Chiropractic. Both of these groups are free.
- Head to your local library. Check the schedule as there are usually age group reading times and playgroups. It's a great excuse to get out and find something for you to read as well.
- Create a sensory bin. Depending on the age, you can use pasta for babies (add a bit of food coloring and make some rainbow pasta!), water beads for bigger kids, and rice for kids who aren't super messy. Add things like dinosaurs, cars, farm animals, etc.
- Visit the zoo. If you are in Milwaukee, the Milwaukee Zoo is awesome in winter. For really chilly days, you can hop between buildings easily. If it's a mild day, check out what animals are still in their habitats. This leads to cool conversations about how different animals live in different habitats and climates!
- Head to an indoor play place! Here in the North Shore of Milwaukee, the place to be is Little Sprouts in Shorewood and opening soon Mequon! I love Little Sprouts as they are a place to inspire your little one's imagination. Sky loved playing with the grocery store last time we were there and I loved the hot coffee.
- If you have a little bigger of a kid, head to the movies! It's a great way to get out of the house for a few hours. Many theatres offer sensory, little kid-friendly showings so check your nearby theatre for details.
Head outside. Don't let the cold stop you from exploring the outdoors! Here are my tips for layering to keep you and your little ones warm and cozy. Check out Schlitz Audubon Nature Center, Riveredge Nature Center, or Wehr Nature Center for their kid-friendly hikes and playgroups.
7 Ways to Have Fun With Kids in Winter
Who ever said the years were short and the days are long obviously had to entertain a small child in winter. Summer days seem to pass so quickly and winter days seem like an eternity. Especially when you feel stuck in the house. Here are seven different ways to keep busy this winter:
Have more ideas for keeping busy? Share them in the comments!