Y'all, this past year has been so enlightening to me. I figured out how to use eyeliner and how to blend eye shadow. I'm a 40 year old woman who never learned/cared how to do make up or facial care or anything like that. So when the pandemic hit, we were stuck at home and Deja Glow out in Grafton offered facial kits. I thought it would be a fun activity for Sky and I.. And now a year later, here we are wearing makeup and doing mud masks 3 times a week. It's a slippery slope apparently.
But seriously, this year I've taken the time to think about how I want to look and what makes me feel beautiful. What styles of clothing make me feel great. What colors of eyeshadow look nice on my skin and more. This has lead me to a few things that always make me feel pretty even when I've had two hours of sleep.
- Long eyelashes and mascara. So for a while I thought it would be awesome to have those gorgeous long fake lashes until I was told what the upkeep was. So I switched to an easier solution of using Lash and Brow Growth Serum from Nourish. I love to add some mascara in the morning cause it really makes my lashes pop. My current favorite is called Maneater by Tarte.
- I don't wear foundation or any of that stuff. Takes too long when I do my makeup. Instead I focus on good skincare. I love doing a mask a few times a week. Sky will often join me on this too so it makes a fun pampering time for us. I love this so much, I've included a mask in our Treat Yourself Mystery Box. The other thing that sitting down and doing a mask ensures is that I take a moment and just relax. I don't know about you but I find myself moving, cleaning, doing things almost all the time. This forces me to stop and just relax.
- Dark Eye Circle Eraser is a must for me. The Dark Circle Eraser from Nourish is something I use every morning and night after I wash my face. Something about not looking as tired as I feel really helps me. Coffee may pick me up, but the dark circle eraser keeps me looking semi-awake. Need something while your dark circle eraser is shipping? Apparently the old trick of putting cucumbers on your eyes really works to help with dark circles.
- Find an easy hair do that you can do quickly. Somedays, I love to French braid my hair or take the time to style it. However, most days, I need something quick and easy. I love the Nourish Rosemary Mint Texture Spray as it provides easy, beachy waves that stay in all day. I can add it in after my shower, pull the front of my hair back, and boom I'm done.
- I now have a huge love of lipstick. Y'all I know it's 2021 and we are still in masks, but a lovely lipstick or gloss really just makes me happy. Sure, people may not see it when I see them in person, but I know it's there and that's all that matters to me. For lip gloss, I have been loving Anastasia of Beverly Hills. Context makes an excellent lipstick that goes on and stays on well.
I know as mothers, women, employees, etc, our time is limited so I focus on just a few things that make me feel beautiful. Cause let's be honest. It's more important that I like what I'm wearing than it is for someone else to like it!